Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.

Harriet Van Horne

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Chapter One


So here I am, finally starting a blog. I resisted the urge for a long time, sometimes I cracked and started up a profile on a blogging site, but I never actually got around to blogging. But now my writing impulse and growing boredom has brought me here.

Earlier today I wrote an article for my college's newspaper. The deadline was approaching and I had a sudden inspiration for the topic the other night while watching the news.

A restaurant in New York; Serendipity 3 created the world's most expensive sundae. It costs $25 000 and comes with a 19-karate gold bracelet's that has 1 karate of white diamonds encrusted on it.
Although like most other females I love jewelry my real interest was in the sundae itself.

The chocolate ice cream that serves as the base made of 23 varieties of cocoa, 14 of which are the world's most expensive. Also blended into the ice cream is 5 grams of 23-karat edible gold. The goblet it comes served in is lined with edible gold, and the whip cream its topped with is sprinkled with more gold. It's served with a La Madeline au Truffle (from Knipschildt Chocolatier).


Along with the bracelet there's a golden spoon with white and chocolate coloured diamonds that you get to take home as a party favor.

So I decided to do a little research and came up with information on some other expensive menu items including a sandwich for almost $200, an omelette for $1000, and a bagel for $1000. Most of these have truffles, gold, or caviar as main money ingredients.

My pride would like me to claim that I would never be so stupid as to pay that much money on something like a bagel. But I've got to admit it would be neat to say that I've eaten the most expensive bagel in the world. Not to mention, white truffle cream cheese? That's got to be amazing.





No comments: